Sunday, September 11, 2011

frankblackfrancis - part 2


Before I started the frankblackfrancis painting, I had an idea to take a photo at different stages as I was working on it and somehow turn that into a short movie I could post here. It was actually a pain shooting the photos as I had to first, remember to stop and take them, and when I did it messed with the trance I tend to work in. I've never taken photos of the progress of a painting before but I'm glad I did as it was fun to see how it all came together.

Once again I asked my super talented brother Dave Coleman (see our other collaboration here) to create some music I could use for this movie to make it cooler, and man did he do excellent job! I just wanted something fast and punk-ish to go with the quick changes as the photos race by and he delivered. Dave scored his first indie feature length film called Android Re-Enactment and has awesome music you can listen to here and here. Thanks for helping me Dave, you rocked the h out of that s!

It is so exciting to do these little projects together that we talked about starting a production company and doing some serious work. Like for money. Anyway we've called it Like the Stove Productions and there is a story there I'll tell you later.

Oh and you might notice that there is a guitar headstock penciled in on the right side of the painting for most of the movie and then it gets covered over. That was due to a birthday deadline I had to meet so I took it out in the final hours to finish on time. Just in case you were wondering.

1 comment:

Pandorah's Box said...

I love the h out of that s like b to the w hardcore g so much that I can't even k to the f.

For real though, I think this is AWESOME. And you guys need to start working more together...I think this is an exceptional idea.

xoxo!